Roadmap?

Next
Hello,

Not pushing, just asking. After recharge do you think a road map would become available for v3? I realize these sort of things are usually taken the wrong way and are used as levers by some (not me), so I wont feel bad at all if one is not forthcoming. Honestly I'm just being antsy about hidden line removal and am interested in where it stands on the laundry list. That feature alone is worth the full purchase price of MoI IMO. I'll stop now.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3681.2 In reply to 3681.1 
Hi OSTexo, the difficulty is that it's hard for me to know in advance exactly how long most things will take. If something ends up taking a long time to develop, it could end up being postponed or happen in some gradual steps or something like that. So that's one reason why it is difficult for me to set out a roadmap.

The other thing is that I tend to adapt what I'm working on in response to what people are doing with the software and what problems are most often being encountered. That's kind of a fluid thing, one good way to influence that is to post something in the "top 5 feature request" thread here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3628.1

I would say though that I view generating a drawing with hidden lines removed as a high priority because it would help with data flow from MoI into other applications. That's generally an important area for MoI since it is often used in combination with other software.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3681.3 In reply to 3681.2 
Hi Michael ...

I got spoiled during the betas of V2 and the anticipation of the next build.

Do you know when you are likely to start releasing betas of V3?

Please don't feel this is a push ... I am learning more about V2 every day and have a long long way to go to feel proficient with it. If V3 never actually happened I would be happy with this great MoI you have already produced.

thanks
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3681.4 In reply to 3681.3 
I assume Michael is relaxing now. :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3681.5 In reply to 3681.3 
Hi eric,

> Do you know when you are likely to start releasing betas of V3?

I don't really know yet... I'm kind of in a research mode right now, it's a good time for me to try some experiments which would maybe be a bit more disruptive to try during the regular release cycle.

V3 betas might start up in another 1 or 2 more months, but it depends on how some experiments go...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All