Curve and Points
All  1-8  9-12

Previous
Next
3660.9 In reply to 3660.8 
Whoa....I didnt realize the import Point file command had those other "Create a curve out of it" options......VERY COOL!!! and exactly what he was looking for.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3660.10 In reply to 3660.4 
Hi Michael;

The second option , save point file, then import point file with control point worked perfectly. this was exactly what I was looking. I also gave a try on "ConnectPoints" script, but it didn't work. no lines showed up between the points. I set the tolerance to 3m which the distance between points.

Thanks again for clear explanation and solution.

Sharif

EDITED: 7 Jul 2010 by SR13765

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3660.11 In reply to 3660.10 
Hi Sharif,
The method Michael gave is a much better method but, the ConnectPonts script method will work also. The points in the file you posted were measuring at 4.1*** and such, so the value 3 would not produce a result. Try typing 5 and it will do the segments. I then did the join/rebuild and got a curve with no change at "10 points", which is a much less dense curve than the through points curve created with the export point/import point of the original file. If you had many curves like this, it may be good to have this other method available.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3660.12 In reply to 3660.11 
Hi BurrMan;

Thanks for clarification. My mistake I had the distance wrong. Yes I tried again and worked fine.

Sharif
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-12