New Rhino / Cinema 4D Import / Export Plugin announced
All  1-15  16-20

Previous
Next
3642.16 In reply to 3642.15 
Hi Kreten,

> Will workflow MoI for modeling and C4D for rendering work?

Yes - for C4D you can export using OBJ format out of MoI. That's the most common format that is usually supported by nearly every renderer.

C4D's regular built-in OBJ importer works fine, other than one thing which is that it does not import the colors of materials (which in MoI are called styles).

If you want those to come through, get the Riptide plug-in from here and use it for the import into C4D instead of the default OBJ import:
http://skinprops.com/riptide.php

There are quite a lot of people who model in MoI and render in C4D using OBJ format for doing the transfer.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael!
Seems ok for me.
You said the colors wont export - no problem, but all the material that I have in MoI will also be present in Cinema?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3642.18 In reply to 3642.17 
Hi Kreten,

> You said the colors wont export - no problem, but all the
> material that I have in MoI will also be present in Cinema?

Yeah with the default OBJ importer in C4D, the material _assignments_ themselves (the assignment of each polygon face to a particular material slot) do come through, it's the material properties themselves (which for MoI is just diffuse color) which don't. I can't remember if the actual list of materials comes through or not. But for sure the polygon assignments do.

But like I mentioned above, you can fix this problem as well if you use the RipTide plug-in for the C4D OBJ import, which is available for free from here:
http://skinprops.com/riptide.php

If you use the RipTide OBJ importer everything will come through including the materials list and material colors.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3642.19 In reply to 3642.18 
I recently switched to cinema 4D and I bought MoI primary for its superb polygone model export. It is really the best tool I have ever seen since starting with 3D Studio 20 years ago.

You will have much fun with Cinema and MoI!

I am just waiting for MoI in 64 Bit to import LARGER CAD files! ;-)

Best regards
BLADE
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3642.20 In reply to 3642.19 
blade

i think the same about MOI but i am still curious to hear what you think are MOI's main advantages
over those other programs. in particular i would like your opinion on apple for apple basis (basic modelling features)....
whatever is within your knowledge!

thanks

mario
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-15  16-20