Skinning problem - combining curves for fairly complex surface with openings?
All  1-8  9-10

Previous
Next
3624.9 In reply to 3624.7 
Hi Michael, so in your case it looks like you would need to use the scale down + join + scale back up case to get it to join well.

There are a couple of things like that extending spot I showed earlier that are not ready to join, but other than that these parts here can be joined:

There is a little slivery hole right here though where there seems to be a missing surface:

But anyway, I've attached the results after joining, and also an OBJ file that was created from the joined result, you should be able to see now that there aren't any cracks in the mesh anymore (aside from that sliver above).

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Hi Michael,

thanks a lot !

I somehow must have messed up on my way. I actually tried always to snap the end points of my curves on the respective other curves to make the surfaces closed and defined. That was where I tried to aim for in my initial question, since once I have a complex network set up, and skinned the thing, but choose to move one curve or curve point, I very likely loose the "watertightness" of the model. I never figured out how to keep all surface curves aligned at once, so it was a constant hopping around and checking if there are holes anywhere.

I´ll just download the no-save trial version and see if i can reproduce your advice.

Thanks again for the OBJ-files, I´ll check them in Cinema4D!

Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-10