Loft problem

Next
Hi;

I have these two curves and top one is rotated 2 degree in xy plane (See attachement). I use the loft command but it is not working.It only makes surfaces. What is the best way to make this solid form.

Thanks

Sharif
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3611.2 In reply to 3611.1 
Hi Sharif, if end caps are not generated (either in Loft, or also Extrude as well), it usually means that your profiles are either not planar, or not closed.

In this case they are not closed, if you zoom in to this area here:

You can see that there is an opening in the curve there:

One way you can check if a curve is closed or not is to select it and then look at the object type indicator which is in the properties panel in the upper right area of the window. When you have an open curve, that will read with the generic "Curve" like this:

If you have a closed curve selected, it will instead read "Closed crv" like this:

I've attached a tuned up version of your file where I used the Move command to collapse those ends together to make it closed, also the bottom one had a little tiny fragmentary piece of a curve in that same area which I deleted. If you try this new version (Loft problem_fixed.3dm) it should now get capped to become a solid when lofting it.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3611.3 In reply to 3611.2 
Thanks Michael;

I do really appreciate your level of support and response. I am learning MOI and I love it.

Sharif
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All