selected item covered up by other items...

Next
I am sure I miss a setting.....
When I selected an item like a sphere which is 'behind' a plane, then I could see that the sphere is selected or not previously. Now I installed V2 and all I see is the sphere outline.
If there are many more elements, the selected blends right in and I can't position it with ease any longer. Where can I set that behavior?
Rainer
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3588.2 In reply to 3588.1 
Hi Lemo...

Can you please posting your file or screen capture ?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3588.3 In reply to 3588.1 
Hi Rainer, there should be no differences between how v1 and v2 behave with regards to a sphere showing selection differently.

I will probably need to see a screenshot of what you were seeing in v1 to understand what you are referring to.

Are you possibly confusing the behavior of solids and curves?

Selected curves and edges are drawn on top of everything else, so they will show up even if they are behind other objects.

Shaded surfaces are drawn using the regular z-buffered display so that their hidden surfaces will show correctly rather than having possibly the back side of the surface showing over the front side. That also means that other non-selected surfaces in front will obscure it as well. There has been no change for this between v1 and v2.

Normally if you have something that is getting in the way of your view, you should hide it temporarily so that you can more easily work on the thing that is behind or inside of it.

If you need to hide or show one particular object or even a set of faces repeatedly, then select them once and assign them a name (click on the name line in the Properties panel in the upper right area of the main window) - then it will have an entry in the Objects section of the Scene browser and you can go there and hide or show it one one click on the eye icon instead of having to mess with selecting it over and over again.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3588.4 In reply to 3588.3 
Also, in the options-view section, if "Show hidden lines" is checked, you can grab stuff behind other surfaces!!! If it is unchecked, they are not available.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All