Adding more points after a sweep

Next
Hey, just curious.

I just made a surface out of 4 splines and sweep, and now I would like to add in a few points for more control, can I do that? And if yes, then how?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
357.2 In reply to 357.1 
There isn't any way to do this right now, surface control point tools are pretty limited at the moment.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
357.3 In reply to 357.2 
Hi Michael,

Does this also apply when creating Solids?
I've been playing with the control points on a Solid sphere & manipulating it's shape.
I wanted to add some extra points to help in the manipulation, but found they didn't attach?
Wasn't really sure why not, just ended up putting it down to my lack of experience??
Is there actually a way to do this at this moment or is this for a later version release?

Also found if I Boolean Joined two pieces, I then couldn't get the Show points to come up.
Is this a bug or just what happens after using the Boolean Join?
Again I'm not sure, due to my lack of experience with this kind of designing & programs??

regards Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
357.4 In reply to 357.3 
> Is there actually a way to do this at this moment or is this for a later version release?

Hi Colin, you didn't do anything wrong there, Add points just doesn't function on surfaces right now, but it should get added eventually (not quite sure when).

> Also found if I Boolean Joined two pieces, I then couldn't get the Show points to come up.
> Is this a bug or just what happens after using the Boolean Join?

This one isn't a bug - it is a limitation on how this type of geometry works.

Once you have joined pieces together along a common edge, you can't turn on points for that solid anymore except in the case where each of those surfaces has matching control points along a "natural trim edge".

See this post for some info on how a trim curve on a surface works: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=170.25

Once you have 2 surfaces which you have joined at a common edge, if I let you turn on control points and edit them, it would be really easy for you to pull one of the surfaces in such a way that a gap would open up along what should be a common edge.

Let me know if you need some more details on this one.

Probably surface control points won't get much attention until after the V1 release.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All