Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
quote:
It's a very common misconception in the "Industrial design ultra cool surface styling" world that some higher continuity values like G4 are necessary.

I have to agree with this statement, when an Industrial designer with a bow tie is involve with a project you know your in trouble with getting your blends looking really, really nice.

I've mentioned this before about the definition of 'A' class surfacing that I've read; 'If the surface is smooth and pleasing to the eye, then it is an 'A' class surface.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3527.11 In reply to 3527.10 
Hi Danny, I kind of vaguely remember that term "Class A surfaces" might have been introduced by the Gartner Group business analyst company, it seemed to me to be similar to a snake oil thing, kind of like "oh this $60,000 program running on this $60,000 SGI workstation is absolutely needed for this business because it does special Class A surfaces instead of ordinary plebeian low class surfaces"...

Of course some of the really specialized expensive surfacing software can do some other kinds of interesting things as well, which can be useful if you are obsessing about controlling how the reflections on a surface are shaped.

But G4 continuity doesn't have much to do with it really.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Once moulds and/or production parts are polished, it doesn't really matter anyway... :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3527.13 In reply to 3527.12 
>>>>Once moulds and/or production parts are polished, it doesn't really matter anyway... :) >>>>

Yeah, but Candides goes to 11!! lol
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-13