Hypershot/Danny

Next
Hey Danny. Remember our thread regarding will shot be free to existing customers? remember how I stated that it wasnt free, and you corrected me and we has some back and forth? You posted a thread, I corrected you on your thread. You then posted another thread where it was clearly stated that all existing users of Hypershot would get the new shot for free? From Phil Lunn. I went to that thread and stated that they had 2 versions of this announcement that conflicted. Would they please clarify it. It was clarified without ambiguity again. Free! I gave in and agreed I was wrong. I was excited. I think we both also loaded the Keyshot "Free Incentive" and liked that there was a bit more in the package.

The statement was just reversed in the Bunkspeed forum. It was clearly stated that "who would do business like that!" "Who would expect us to do business like that!"

It also had undertones that Perhaps something about my wanting clarity here was "subversive/Malicious" and I was going to start trying to dig up threads that took statements "out of context" trying to create trouble!!!!

I was pretty miffed. I kept my response clear and simple. I wanted to post all the links and tell him to cram himself.

The truth? It will not be free. Only if you were the prepaid "Hypershot 10" customer. The rest is business as usual!

http://hypershot.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=4055

Thought I would be the first to let the air out of the tires! Dont hold it against me :o

BTW: ANyone that wants to check weather I am crazy or malicious can find the Bunkspeed thread here:

http://hypershot.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=3845

The timestamp:

Posted: 02.11.2010 at 12:25:12

Is where a very direct question recieved a very direct response.

The thread in this forum also would clearly show my intent, and the path of the discussion. I dont care to have my integrity put into question.

EDITED: 22 Apr 2010 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3494.2 In reply to 3494.1 
Thanks Burr, I posted a reply in the BS forum.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3494.3 In reply to 3494.1 
I cant understand why they left the CEOs letter stating a free upgrade to all hypershot users on the forum. Then only retract it with a blog post where is the CEO? Sounded strange to offer a free upgrade, would have been nice. I see Keyshot also are previewing their new version on youtube also looks good. So i think the new shot will have to be good to compete.

I think Simlab also offers really good quality for a great price. If I did not have hypershot already I would get it.

It will be interesting to see if the CEO comments on his reversal on the free upgrade. Im not impressed with the way they are handling it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

Man am I glad that I only got HyperShot as a nearly no charge addition to SCE. It seemed pretty clear to me that everyone who had a copy of HS would get a free copy of Shot. It floors me how companies like BunkSpeed think this type of behavior is acceptable. We aren't back in the old days where you just had a few of these rendering companies running roughshod over customers because they were the only game in town. It wasn't the right thing to do at either time, but it seems they have a serious management issue that they need to address.

The good news is I can buy into both Thea and Octane at their fair pricing points and feel as if I am getting a good value for the money. Thanks for the heads up BurrMan.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
He seems to have retracted his statement, but again without really clarifying what the upgrade policy is.

As a Hypershot user from ver 1, I've been amazed at the "attitude" that comes across from Bunkspeed in their forums. Not just dealing with policy issues, but technical issues and licensing issues as well. Whoever has been in charge of their forums appears to be disconnected from management, development, and marketing. Certainly he has no customer service skills.

What I find amazing is how Bunkspeed continues their "attitude" in the face of new and exciting competition in the render market. I think past performance is a predictor of future performance, and if I qualify for an upgrade to my HD package (just going by their CEO) I'll try it out. But it will take a complete turn-around before I purchase another Bunkspeed product. Realistically, before that happens I will have invested time learning another program.

If Bunkspeed considers anyone spending under $1,000 to not be a "serious user", then I'll support one of the several companies that offer excellent products and support for people like me without a corporate budget.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3494.6 In reply to 3494.5 
I think he got in hot water for his post. Phil Lunn made another post in his original, that he stands by his original January post, though he leaves out "WEB" version again, which is where I came in for clarity and then was responded to with "like version for like version".

I got pissed not so much at the "serious user" comment (which could be read as less harsh, or how he said he intended) but more his comment after, which inferred Malicious intent and trying to stir up trouble.

The truth is it did stir up trouble for them and "I" shouldnt be using other peoples forums for my personal garbage.

It will be whatever it will be and thats when the word will be spoken. I'm going to stop posting about it and wait and see.

Sorry Michael.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All