Export action keeping track of defaults improperly, could hose your model.

Next
Assume your model is in a file called "foo.3dm"

1) Click on save-> export. When MOI is first started, the dropdown list has 3dm listed as export option.
2) Choose "OBJ" format, and click okay. Your filename will be something like "foo.obj"
3) Cancel out of meshing dialog
4) Go back to save->export.
5) "OBJ" is now selected as default on dropdown in the file dialog, filename is not updated this time to "foo.obj", merely displays "foo"
6) Click save.
7) Moi asks if you want to overwrite foo.3dm
8) If you click yes, moi overwrites the 3DM file with a new 3DM file. If only a part of your current model was selected for export, then the new 3dm file contains only that piece!

So while the dropdown remembers the new default file format to export, the save-dialog/action is not using it when initialized.

This is a nasty lil gotcha!

Another small bug:
File dialog is named "Save As" instead of "Export"
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
348.2 In reply to 348.1 
Hi Crusoe, thanks for reporting these file dialog problems!

For the next beta I have switched export so that it starts out with a blank name. I figure that this is better than starting out with the current file name since export is for writing out only some partial bits of a file, and having the current file name in there by default just makes it too easy to replace the full file with only a piece of it which you don't normally want.

I've also fixed up Save As so that if you have used some other format, the file name is initialized to that file extension properly (like in your example foo.obj) instead of always starting with .3dm .

And Import/Export will use the proper titles on their file dialogs.

Thanks!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All