dilemma again and again

Next
Hi Michael! dilemma again and again.

I intend to spend 1300$ for an architect CAD software but I am still hesitating. What features can we expect from V3. ? Do you have a any road map plan? But If you plan hatching and proper dimensions and Text and square m2 inquiry I wont buy :D ! (I dont expect door-windows-roof or any special tools). Hmmmm...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3474.2 In reply to 3474.1 
Why don't you just buy MOI ('coz it's lovely) and some other cheaper cad software that'll do the archi stuff? Like Sketchup or Bonzai3d?
Then you can jump between the two. I'll bet though, that you end up spending most of your time in MOI! :-)

Roger
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3474.3 In reply to 3474.2 
no jump any more no way
(because sketchup and bonzai is not for technical drawing)
(I have been licence owner for 2 years)

cheers :)

well this is the software www.archline.hu it is cool easy to import 3ds. and even almost same than archicad (at the moment better). but moi is moi and I dont want to take the mistake then last time in case of Vray-Truespace vs Vray-Blender.

EDITED: 15 Apr 2010 by ANDRAS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
but I forgot to mention:
I guess:

+hatching
+proper dimensions
+Text
+square m2 inquiry
(all together)

OR
only
+hidden line DXF export

(and with intellicad is can be nice)

... but I just ask ...it is not a request

EDITED: 15 Apr 2010 by ANDRAS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3474.5 In reply to 3474.1 
Hi andras, I'm sorry it is just too early to know what will happen in v3 in regards to 2D drafting functionality like dimensions / hatching / annotation text.

Stuff in that area will probably happen in some steps across different versions, and will probably start out at a very basic and limited level.

I cannot even guarantee that there will be any of those absolutely for sure in v3 - there is not an exact roadmap of v3 in place, many things will depend on what more people are asking about. For example if there is a lot more pressure on me to work on surface modeling tools then those would take priority.

So I would not recommend waiting for MoI v3 and expecting for it to provide all that you would need in that particular area, that's just not likely to happen with MoI having much more of an overall focus on 3D model production. You should go ahead with getting some additional architecture-focused CAD software to get those tools.

I do think that a hidden line export to AI and DXF formats will probably be higher on the list to target first before things like dimensions directly inside of MoI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3474.6 In reply to 3474.5 
< I do think that a hidden line export to AI and DXF formats will probably be higher on the list to target first before things like dimensions directly inside of MoI.>

Well it is cool anyway because combine with intellicad could do the job perfectly. But I think I have to take this step now. thanks your reply.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All