Visible crease when creating surface from sweep, no crease when swept from Rhino
 1-20  21-25

Previous
Next
3473.21 In reply to 3473.19 
Hi niko yes I do expect to do an update to Blend in v3 to handle strings of multiple edges along each side instead of only a single edge on each side.

That plus a "Match" surface editing tool would help significantly for this kind of modeling I think.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3473.22 In reply to 3473.21 
Thanks Michael
That along with the continuity options for network and sweep would be extremly powerful and useful in V3
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3473.23 In reply to 3473.22 
How about this one?

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3473.24 In reply to 3473.23 
Right on Burr man, could you please explain your workflow?
It is slightly different than mine and I have an idea how you did it but I woul like to hear nevertheless.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3473.25 In reply to 3473.24 
Hi Niko,
I wanted control points to be able to manipulate so I recreated the surface.

I untrimmed your surface (first I captured the curves of the tongue.... outer and inner) then projected the bunch of lines onto it. I drew a line and rebuilt it to have a bunch of points. Arrayed that and projected onto the hull surface. Then I lofted the new surface so it had a new point stucture. Then I rebuilt the curves that I extracted from the original tongue so they were a nice continuous curve. Then I trimmed the hull with the curves leaving a tongue with points in it that would allow me to drop the end down for the blend area. I could then do just one blend. The only issue I was struggling with was trying to stop the blends distance. You can see it is really stretched out long on the top portion.

But the jist was to have the hull have more points to allow the shaping of the tongue with a single surface that could be blended in one shot.

Let me know if that is not clear and I can show more detail. Thanks for letting me participate and learn from your model!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-25