SimLab Composer
 1-12  13-32  33-52  53-72  …  93-106

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

All my screenshot`s are inside of SimLab Composer.

Please take a look "SimLab Render Settings":
Image Attachments:
Size: 132.5 KB, Downloaded: 225 times, Dimensions: 948x826px
Size: 142.2 KB, Downloaded: 189 times, Dimensions: 964x844px
Size: 57.3 KB, Downloaded: 174 times, Dimensions: 1266x415px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.14 In reply to 3455.13 
Hi Ralf, does the renderer feel generally similar in operation to KeyShot to you?

Any there any major differences or things missing as compared to KeyShot?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I just received a reply from their support:

"Yes, the render engine is close to HyperShot/KeyShot, this is an accurate statement.

SimLab Composer does not include a real time ray tracing which gives you instant feedback, but other than that you should get very close rendering quality.

There is no resolution limit to the final image.

Output images are saved as jpeg.

I think the best thing for you to do is to take SimLab Composer to a test, download the trial and request a trial license. As you are familiar with HyperShot/KeyShot it should be easy for you to make such a test."

So I will be getting the trial because as you say Michael $149 is cheap for the unlimited resolution. I do wish their was an output format for images that carried an alpha channel though tiff or psd.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.16 In reply to 3455.1 
Thanks Ralf, excellent find!
Will check out.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.17 In reply to 3455.16 
It does look promising. I loaded it and it crashes on "run as demo (save disabled)". I requested an eval license hoping it is just a bug in the licensing Utility for disabled save option. Waiting for that from Amman.

Anybody else loading it up I would appreciate feedback. The forum site for simlabs is pretty non-existant with 2 or 3 posts from the development team.

Anyway.....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.18 In reply to 3455.15 
Hello all,

i buyed this software and make some test...

i export the z1000 cockpit from moi in different ways:

1. the 3dm import of moi models (export as 3dm) doesn´t work for me...
look at the image... the hierachie is lost too...

2. the step import works very well, but the hierachie is a bit lost... every named group in moi splits up in single objects with the groupname

3. the obj import doesn´t work... there is only a single line (?) visible... but the hierachie is like in moi... that would be cool... but... no objects visible.
i´m gonna contact the simlab guys for this...

the 3d pdf export is very cool and works very well with the step model... and thats the reason why i needed this software:-)

the render quality and speed is not bad..i like it... the use of any hdr image is possible.. but no alpha output.. just "simple" jpgs...
(there is a "alphamask" button in rmb renderview...but it doesn´t work),

maybe usefull informations

best regards,

tijai

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.19 In reply to 3455.18 
tijai,
With the obj export from MoI, did you try some of the other options like "No n-gons/no weld/Triangles only"?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.20 In reply to 3455.19 
tijai,
ALso, how about a pdf of the part? can you post it without giving away your model?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.21 In reply to 3455.18 
Hi tijai, the renderings look nice!

Like Burr mentions, for OBJ export, try setting "Output: Triangles only" and also uncheck "Weld vertices along edges" when exporting from MoI and see if that transfers better.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.22 In reply to 3455.21 
hello

i have to correct my last post...

i don´t know why, but i restart SimLab and the obj import now works perfect...
no more "just a line"... it works and the hierachie is like in MoI... thats very good!!

sorry for the "bug!" shouting..

attached a simple 3d pdf of an moi-obj

works cool
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I have just been having a look. The 3DM import is a no-go. The obj import is OK if the obj exported from MOI is with quads/tris (well, up to now)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
It does look like the Luxion render engine, I found their 3dm to obj converter is not very strong and that's what you get, the sliver effect all the time.
Obj import should be fine, don't bother with quads/tris just use triangles option in MoI because the Luxion converter will just split the quads into triangles anyway.
Step should work well, iges is hit and miss.
Looks like I'll have to download the demo and have a play seeing it's only US$149 with no res restriction, it'll better value than the 800X400 limit I have now with Hypershot/Keyshot.

Thanks tijai, the PDF looks great!

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Can anyone who is familiar with Keyshot / Hypershot say for sure what the render features & differences are? Real time window snapshots or just full renders? Same material library?

Even if it has some restrictions, that's a very good price.

I like the 3D PDF. I'll have to see if I can integrate a 3D PDF into a web site for product views.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.26 In reply to 3455.25 
As an update to my crashing post, I hit the breakpoint of it and it was crashing on my ati stuff. I enabled tripple buffering in the opengl settings and the program launched! I disabled the tripple buffering and now it runs.... Demo-ing it and will probably by it also for the 3d pdf output!

Thanks ralf.

Also, on another computer, antivirus is reporting the installer as suspect? I wonder if this is the licensing stuff doing "machine reading" at launch of the installer?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.27 In reply to 3455.26 
Hi Burr,

I'm getting a bit sus with these antivirus software these days they seem to pick up stuff from launching programs, saying that this process is acting like a Trogan or a keylogger and I've had this stuff running for years without problem.
It's either reassurance that the antivirus is doing it's job, so keep buying me, or antivirus software has evolved that much that it's developed a personality and has become a super paranoid hypochondriac......Modern Antivirus process in action...........WHAT'S THAT! WHO'S THERE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! YOU'RE GOING TO INFECT ME! GO AWAY! ALERT, ALERT!

Sorry for the subject change.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.28 In reply to 3455.27 
No, thats a good response Danny. I use Norton, which doesnt bother me too much. Most programs dont do machine specific stuff, thats not documented with them. The company(simlabs) may be using some product that isnt recognized yet ( A good look at the license key kindof points to that). Most of the free antivirus stuff are the ones that have to prompt you for "Any Action". Couldnt see myself loading one of those :o

With that being said, you kindof have to evaluate the source then. The website is kindof non existent (kindof a red flag). But some of the other users here in the MoI forum are using the product now also, so I decided to go ahead and load it. (A slight risk). Amman Jordan isnt really a hotbed of cutting edge development, but may be some smart guy's down there.

Anyway, may be a great find for the forum by Ralf. Always hopefull!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Well, it works pretty darn well for what I do and will be buying a license.

I talked with Simlab support and they will be adding alpha support for rendered images

He is a simple doodle from way back that was exported from MOI with quads & tris and vertices welded which is how I export everything for 3d pdf's I make and animate. Since I use Acrobat 3d v.8 the pdf side of it does not help but it is a cheap way to output 3d pdfs to be sure if you don't have that capability.

Big Weld rendered 800x800 in three minutes. The silver around the nose is a bump map for the texturing and not splintering. Just for fun I started the same render with setting for 4000x400 and off it went with no hiccups, I didn't let it finish as I am off to bed...

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.30 In reply to 3455.28 
>>The website is kindof non existent (kindof a red flag). But some of the other users here in the MoI forum are using the product now also, so I decided to go ahead and load it. (A slight risk).<<

I have installed, I have not seen the program do anything suspicious, and I do check.

On the point of it being associated with hypershot, well, the program makes a lot of registry entries:- "Hypershot".

This is part of a log of registry writes made by Simlab on execution:-

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.31 In reply to 3455.30 
I have a quick question for someone. regarding some opengl settings for my ati card. There are 2. "tripple buffering" and "Force 24-bit Z-Buffer depth.

Are either of these "degradation settings" from normal, or are they "more powerful" settings from normal.

The simlab app will crash when I launch it, but if I enable either of these, it runs fine. Even after I disable the setting. But after a restart of the computer, app launch crash until I reset either of those opengl settings.

I never knew much about customizing my card. If the setting is "More", then I'll set it and leave it.

I suppose I should do some research and learn about these settings. I have an Nvidia quadroFX 5600 I may get better performance out of, other than "default Installation settings". :o
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3455.32 In reply to 3455.31 
And about Hypershot:

But I think Steve already answered that.

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-12  13-32  33-52  53-72  73-92  93-106