Copy pattern
All  1-11  12-14

Previous
Next
3442.12 In reply to 3442.11 
Hi Kenn, thanks for the illustration of Instant3D.

But yeah that will take quite a bit of work to make stuff like that happen, it is not something that is covered by the geometry library that MoI currently uses.

Probably in the future when I try to make a stab at it, it will start out just focused on moving a planar face around like when you dragged the cylinder face up and down.

Doing things like pulling part of a shape and having fillets remain the same requires even more sophisticated "feature recognition" type analysis of the shapes, that's going to be pretty difficult to achieve in MoI. Before that happens I would be more likely to have a deeper "parametric history" type method of working on stuff first because that is generally more straightforward for those kinds of edits, although still quite a lot of work itself.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3442.13 In reply to 3442.11 
Hi Kenn, also have you looked into SpaceClaim?

It has a lot of focus on working in that "direct dragging" type of way, it could be a good fit for you.

I think that the recent versions of SpaceClaim also support copy/paste of objects back and forth between MoI as well, so it can be used in combination with MoI pretty easily.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3442.14 In reply to 3442.13 
Moi3D and Spaceclaim and the drafting capasity from SolidEdge.
What else do we need?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-11  12-14