Hiding edges.

Next
Hi Michael,

You just reminded me with the answer you gave user s7r83dg3 here about hiding edges to get better performance, I usually do this when I know the scene is going to become heavy, especially when I'm just about to do an array of a detailed object, I hide the edges of the original then preform the array, all is well until you hit done, the edges of the copies are visible and the original still with no edges, I would of expected the copies to be the same state as the original, no edges.

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3441.2 In reply to 3441.1 
Hi Danny, it's because there is kind of a technical complication with trying to persist the hidden property.

In many situations, the original object is hidden as a normal part of the command sequence.

For example with object dragging, when you are dragging the object around the object you see is a new one that has been transformed, and the original one is hidden until you finish the drag, at which point either it will be removed or if you canceled it will be shown again.

But at one point when hidden states were just directly persisted to object copies, that kind of "automatic workflow related hiding" was being persisted to the copied objects. So it's because of that problem that the hidden state is not persisted to transformed objects currently.

Probably in v3 I'll be able to fix that up, I've written myself a note to look into it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3441.3 In reply to 3441.2 
Hi Michael,

quote:
Probably in v3 I'll be able to fix that up, I've written myself a note to look into it.

Ok great! The only reason for this is for performance gain when the scene is starting to get heavy, but like you mentioned in a previous post, if you are looking into speeding up the edge display in V3 then this request wouldn't be necessary ;)
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All