MOI Script API
All  1-10  11-12

Previous
Next
3428.11 In reply to 3428.10 
At this point there is still no way to avoid the use of Javascript in scripting MoI, even using the external scripting interface. With some additional work that requirement could be diminished, if not removed. But for now you would have to be able to use a bit of Javascript at the least.

Note that MoI uses Javascript, not Java. Of the two, Javascript is much easier to use. If you've seen any of Michael's "one-liner" scripts, you'll have a taste of what's involved. In practice, scripting MoI is not likely to use every nook and cranny of the Javascript language, so anyone should be able to get by with a fairly rudimentary knowledge of the language for most things.

If you look at some of the scripts linked from the MoI wiki Scripting page, and cross reference that against the API doc I've been working on, and can make any sense out of what you see, then you'll probably be able to use what's there now.

Just out of curiosity, what procedural language are you thinking you would want to use? There aren't that many choices anymore :-)

- Dave Morrill
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
3428.12 In reply to 3428.11 
Hi David,

Thanks for your response and advice. I'll take a look at Javascript and some of the examples as soon as I get the current 3D project out of the way.

I've spent years programming little (mostly useless!) things in Euphoria. I like the ease of use and the stability. It is open source these days. I have considered learning Lua as it looks a lot like Euphoria but just haven't found the time.

As a programmer I reckon I make a pretty good 3D modeler :)

---
Mark
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~mabrown/index.html

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-12