How to do this blend?
 1-13  14-33  34-53  54-57

Previous
Next
OK, I last post here ( I hope) but I just had to say how great the Merge command is! It's totally wiped out my biggest frustration with MOI, namely, not being able to do blend surfaces where the edges are split. The Merge function makes it a doddle. I've made a shortcut key and now my surfaces are blending quicker and easier than Rhino's. Yay! No more worrying about selecting edge chains or all that malarkey, just merge 'em together and blend away...

Roger
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3425.55 In reply to 3425.54 
Hi Roger,

>>I've made a shortcut key and now my surfaces are blending quicker and easier than Rhino's. Yay! No more worrying about selecting edge chains or all that malarkey, just merge 'em together and blend away...<<

Rhino does have a "MergeEdge" command (Edge tools). The edge chains in Rhino(for such as surface blending) are more for selecting multiple edges spanning different surfaces.

I do hope Michael will add an option to automatically merge a complete edge rather than (or in addition to) having to select each part of the surface edge to merge, as with the bottle, there are some very small broken(split) edges that can be missed when merging, so a need to zoom right in to check out the edge to make sure all the edge as actually been selected.

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3425.56 In reply to 3425.55 
Hi Steve, with the Merge command you can also select an entire object instead of individual edges, in which case it will merge all mergeable edges in the whole object.

So that may be useful for cases where you are worried about tiny edges.

But it would probably be good to have another mode for MoI's merge command though for the case where you have selected just a single edge - in that case I could merge it with the next edge over from the end closest that you clicked on. That could help to deal with tiny edges if you only want to merge things in one particular area of the model instead of everything. I'll added that to my list to look into for the future.

But with a regular model it is pretty likely that a full merge of everything would be what you want, so just select the whole object and that will happen.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3425.57 In reply to 3425.56 
Hi Michael,

>>with the Merge command you can also select an entire object instead of individual edges, in which case it will merge all mergeable edges in the whole object.<<

I had missed that possibility. Have just looked, and that works fine.

Thanks,

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-13  14-33  34-53  54-57