ScreenImageAdaption

Next
Hi Michael,

For example i draw a buttonshape in Moi then make a screencapture and import the image into ArtRage.

My screensize is setup to 1280x1024 pixels,so my idea is to draw a rettangle in Moi 1280mm by 1024mm,
position the button in the rectangle and then zoom it (i was thinking of a script that behaves like the reset button ).

So the problem is to position the rectangle in a way matching the screensize.
The reason for it,is to maintain image quality and size.

EDITED: 26 Mar 2010 by PAOLOLOBBIA

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3422.2 In reply to 3422.1 
Hi Paolo, I don't think there would be a easy way to make the regular view zoomed like that.

But maybe a different way that would be useful would be to make a shortcut key that ran a script that generated an image to the clipboard of the specific size that you need.

To do that, go to Options > Shortcut keys, and add in a new entry. For the key part put in whatever key you want to trigger it (like possibly S for screencap or whatever you want), and for the command paste in the following:

script: /* Render 1280x1024 view to clipboard */ var v = moi.ui.getActiveViewport(); if ( v != null ) { v.renderToClipboard( 1280, 1024 ); }

Then whenever you hit that key in MoI, it will generate a viewport image to that 1280x1024 pixel size for the viewport instead of its current actual window size, and place the generated image onto the Windows clipboard so you can paste it into something else.

You still may want to create some kind of bounding rectangle that you select and do a view reset to, so that you can get a consistent view set up each time you take the screenshot.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3422.3 In reply to 3422.2 
Thanks Michael,

>>You still may want to create some kind of bounding rectangle

Yes, i resized the 1280x1024 image to 1033x827 pixels in Paint and
then created a rectangle of 1033 by 827 mm in MOI.
I selected that and then reset, and it did the job perfectly.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All