Can I buy V1 after V2 comes out?

Next
Hi Michael,

I have been putting off buying MOI for some years now as I don't do tons of cad and when I do I use Rhino + T-Splines. However, I never could get the kind of perfect poly meshes out of rhino that you can get out of MOI. (I've recently seen PaQ's stuff on the modo forum and the meshes are beautiful!). So, I think I will have to bite the bullet and get MOI purely for the mesher. I know V2 is imminent but more expensive and I was wondering if I'll be able to still buy V1 after it comes out as I don't need extra features etc. I will just be importing a rhino mesh and exporting an obj, that's all I need. I'm a bit skint at the moment though and want to hold off until I get some dosh in.

cheers,
Roger
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3397.2 In reply to 3397.1 
Hi Roger, I'm not entirely sure if V1 will be available after v2 is out.

I guess it probably will be but you may need to e-mail me for the order page link as I may not have it on the web site.

> I will just be importing a rhino mesh and exporting
> an obj, that's all I need.

Well, the thing is there are quite a lot of improvements to this specific area in v2...

In particular there is a huge speed increase that is very useful for dealing with complex meshes.

Also other things like v2 supports preserving object names, and layers will become material assignments.

If you only have a few fairly simple objects to convert then you would probably be all right with v1 but if you're going to be doing it frequently and with more complex stuff, the improvements in v2 are quite significant.

Eventually when I get to something like MoI v4 I may at that point be ready to have a reduced functionality "lite" type version that would be good to get for conversions only, but it will be a while yet before I'm ready to branch out into having multiple versions like that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Considering that Michael will sell it for the same price I guess you could run V2 as well 8))))))))))))
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3397.4 In reply to 3397.3 
I thought V2 was going to be $100 more than V1
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3397.5 In reply to 3397.4 
Was trying to be funny.... My point was that when V2 is out, Michael will sell you V1 for the same price V2 will cost..
haha... maybe not funny... ok ok.... don't throw tomatoes....
;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All