Lighting scripts

Next
Hey guys, Im aware of the toggle script that changes the light position. Im wondering however if there is anyway to tell the light to always be in the position of the camera for the 3d view window. having to update the light position with a key stroke is not as fluid as I'd like it while inspecting object shapes.
thanks
Mike Fitz
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3348.2 In reply to 3348.1 
Under options-view-lighting options-lighting style is a headlight option. But I would think this is something you "would" want on toggle script.

script:/* Toggle between headlight and regular light directions */ var dir = moi.view.lightDirection; if ( dir.x == 1 && dir.y == 1 && dir.z == -1 ) { dir.set(0,1,0); } else { dir.set(1,1,-1); } moi.view.lightDirection = dir;
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3348.3 In reply to 3348.1 
Hi Mike, actually the light does already move around with you when moving the camera around.

The key light by default comes in from over your upper left shoulder, but it is not fixed in world coordinates, it is relative to the current camera direction.

Are you possibly using MoI v1 instead of MoI v2 ? In MoI v2 the whole lighting system has been substantially upgraded and has much more illumination and less dark areas on objects by default, because there is a system of multiple lights in place.

So if that is the case (if you are using v1), switching to the current v2 beta from here: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm should make a significant difference.

Then like Burr mentions, in MoI v2 there are also additional options to increase the light even further, choose a custom mix between the key and fill lights, or also to choose between some different light setups - one option is "Headlight" which has the light shining just directly forward along the camera direction instead of from over the shoulder.

Those options are available under v2 under Options > View > Lighting options:

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3348.4 In reply to 3348.1 
Hi Mike, so anyway in v2 the lighting has been improved so much that there is not really any need to use that old "adjust light direction" mechanism anymore, although it will still work for changing the direction of the key light for the Key + fill light setups if you want.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Oh man! I got to get with it. Im still in V1
I will download and get current!
Very excited to see all the new editions that I've been missing.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3348.6 In reply to 3348.5 
Hi Mike, yeah there is a huge difference in the lighting for v2.

Check out here for some screenshots of the new lighting system in action:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2843.1

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All