Watertight snaps
All  1-16  17-20

Previous
Next
3345.17 In reply to 3345.16 
That information helped a lot. An edge filet worked for me where a surface filet produced some odd results. f
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3345.18 In reply to 3345.17 
Hi fraser, it looks like you have a good result there now!

Do you have any more problems that you need solved with this, or is it finished?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3345.19 In reply to 3345.18 
One quick question: if i need to change the geometry of a model can I somehow glue generated surfaces to their curves and just edit them? Or do I need to delete the original surfaces, edit the curves, and resurface? f

ps The scale down and join trick works perfectly!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3345.20 In reply to 3345.19 
Hi fraser,

quote:
One quick question: if i need to change the geometry of a model can I somehow glue generated surfaces to their curves and just edit them? Or do I need to delete the original surfaces, edit the curves, and resurface?

Currently you'll generally need to do the delete, edit the curves, and resurface method.

In the future I want to work on adding in a deeper history mechanism so that you could be able to do things like update a final model by adjusting some of its original input curves.

Right now that does work to a certain extent like after you do a sweep you can adjust the input curves and the sweep will update. But if you do some other kinds of edits to the sweep surface like boolean or trim them then you won't be able to do the automatic history update after that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-16  17-20