Construction lines not obeyed....
All  1-5  6-10

Previous
Next
3344.6 In reply to 3344.5 
Disregard the previous post Michael it did happen again.
Yes, it does happen in the 3d view. It always seem to snap to the first construction line created inside the move cmnd. If I try to generate any(construction lines) other than the ones originating away from the base point then the rest are not obeyed.
Is there any fixed planned for this for V2 final, or is there something I can do to avoid it (I always like to work in the 3d view)?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3344.7 In reply to 3344.6 
Hi niko, I have made a fix for this for the v2 final release, thanks for reporting it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3344.8 In reply to 3344.7 
Thanks Michael.
By the way I have just noticed that the same thing happens inside the copy command.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3344.9 In reply to 3344.8 
Hi niko, yeah a few similar commands like Move, Copy, and object dragging were affected.

They are all fixed though with the same pointpicker fix.

The problem was caused by a change back 2 betas ago, to try and avoid some kind of erratic-seeming behavior in commands like Rotate, which was described here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2889.1

When "on" snap kicked in on things like the x or y axis lines during Rotate inside the 3D view, it could be kind of confusing, so I added in something to suppress "on" object snaps that were at different plane elevations, for commands that restricted picks to be on a certain plane.

Move and Copy accidentally fell under that same category because they have some semi-planar behavior in them when their 2nd points are picked in the Top, Front, or Right views.

The fix is that the "on" snap suppression will only kick in for "fully planar" commands that force all points to be projected to their working plane like Rotate, and not to have it suppresed for "semi planar" ones like Move or Copy.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3344.10 In reply to 3344.9 
You the man Michael.
MOI is the best modeler bar none.