MoI -> Octane render (little problems)
All  1-7  8-10

Previous
Next
3334.8 In reply to 3334.6 
>I'm not sure what you mean actually - that was a custom script that I created
>to do specifically what DesuDeus was asking about...

I understand that. What I mean is that it would be nice to have the script functionality documented so that we could easily make our own scripts. Or have I just missed the help page that describes script syntax? Is it just as simple as concatenating lots of commands?

Dan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3334.9 In reply to 3334.8 
Hi Dan, in MoI a command is a bunch of script as well, so script is kind of "lower level" than a command - commands themselves are made up of it.

Unfortunately it takes a lot of time and effort to do a full documentation for all the scripting stuff, so I don't have any proper documentation for it right now. If I were to switch over to work on it, that would mean taking time away from other more regular features which currently have a higher priority.

The closest thing available to documentation currently is the moi.idl file which lists all the various properties and methods that are available to script. You can find a link to it here: http://moi3d.com/wiki/Scripting

The script programming language itself is JavaScript, and there are a lot of resources available to learn how the JavaScript language itself works, here is one of the main books about it: Amazon.com link.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3334.10 In reply to 3334.9 
>If I were to switch over to work on it, that would mean taking time away from other
> more regular features which currently have a higher priority.

Understood - limited resources. I too would sooner have you work on more core features.
The http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/ site is very useful.

Thanks
Dan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-10