projected curves do not cap when extruded
All  1-3  4-7

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

I thought of something when looking at this post, this only works for a single face, I just tried the same as your example but a joined surface with a seam in the center and I thought it would of been simple enough for MoI to work out, Oh well, it doesn't really matter I was just curious to see what it would do.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3318.5 In reply to 3318.4 
Hi Danny, yeah currently extrude for surfaces is limited to only work on a single unjoined surface.

I do want to update it in the future to work with a joined surface as well, but currently you have to separate such things into individual surfaces first, and then extrude them. You can do a batch select of them instead of extruding them one at a time though.

The worry I had about extruding a joined surface automatically was that you could pretty easily create some messed up shapes if you did something like selected a box and then tried to extrude the whole box in one single direction. That would create something with degenerate flattened sides.

That's the part that is kind of harder to work out - trying to automatically figure out which kinds of joined surfaces would be ok to extrude and which would not. Maybe I will just not worry about that, but that was the issue.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3318.6 In reply to 3318.5 
No big deal Michael, I'm not worried about it either :)

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thanx Michael for the explanation
Your method should suffice