Augenblick - Version 0.8 available!
 1-16  17-36  37-40

Previous
Next
3298.37 In reply to 3298.36 
Sorry for the late reply, but we were quite busy inishing the beta. I opened up another thread for the public beta release, but for quick reference, the download link is http://www.numenus.de/download_en.html.

To answers:

@Michael: okay sound like a good idea. I would say we'll have a look what MoI users think about the software and if it is liked by at least some (or many) then we should think about the next steps. I really would like to see some special MoI version, since I believe we are a really cool addition to MoI.

@PaQ: I did not have a close look at AiR before, but I downloaded the demo and gave it a shot this morning. I tested it only for 10 or 20 minutes, so its not really a thorough testing, but I couldn't see anything groundbraking. What do you like about AIR whats missing in RenderGin/Augenblick? From what I have seen I would say we have strong advantages in rendering speed and of course NURBS quality, since we do not need to tesselate. We also support a lot more file formats and our OBJ support (which they also have) is far superior in terms of speed and quality. I also don't like their user interface, however I know that this is a matter of taste (and I might not be thaaat obective :) ). And maybe more important: workflow. When you open a model in RenderGin is look cool instantly and it is very easy to assign new materials backplates envmpas etc...

Cheers,

Oliver
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3298.38 In reply to 3298.37 
Hi Numenus,

Well actually air also support nurbs very well (reyes dicing, so you don't have to worry about meshing) ... and well, it's a renderman compliant renderer.
But for sure it's not realtime ...

So far I haven't get any success with the superior obj RenderGin import, (maybe rendergin dont support ngones ?) ... and I have to admit I don't have the
will to beta testing stuff for the moment. Looks like I can't import nurbs either in demo mode, so it's not easy to evaluate the software ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Soory, I must have missed something. I thought Rendergin worked with Nurbs models. I just downloaded the beta and cannot find any way to open anything other than OBJ files. How do I import a MOI file? The alpha version had 3dm files as an option. This has disappeared.

Also it won't load large OBJ files exported out of MoI. How do I use this application?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3298.40 In reply to 3298.38 
Hey PaQ,

is it possible that you send us the OBJ file causing problems? We will use it internally only of course. It is also okay to send only parts of the models if the issues are reproducable.

Why can't you test the NURBS in demo mode? Is your evaluation (30 day trial) running? we had expirienced issues where they trial won't activate correctly. If you are running in "free mode" (displayed in the welcome window) then please send us your Installation-ID (to be found in the License Manager) and I can send you an unlock code which will give you the 30 day trial.

Best,

Oliver
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-16  17-36  37-40