Window selection
All  1-16  17-20

Previous
Next
329.17 In reply to 329.4 
Hi Michael,

>After all you don't frequently need Deselect all neither,
>just really for this one situation again....
>But I worry a lot about adding buttons... ;)

I start thinking about removing SelectAll, DeselectAll buttons completely! hmmm.... These are very special-purpose buttons and none of other functions can be linked to them. Maybe they should be attached to the "click and pause menu" or to mouse gestures once mentioned.
....perhaps, it's time, time to call an election and users should vote on "how frequently do you use the SelectAll, DeselectAll buttons"? hehe...

The ResetAll button in the View tab is quite funny as well. It could be shifted to the middle of the screen where the viewport boundaries are crossed - in the shape of a small ball.

>In addition you could select all of those types of
>objects by just doing a "Select all" with the
>appropriate filter active. This way it would serve 2
>purposes - for clicking and for selecting
>all of a certain type.

....for clicking, for selecting all of a certain type and for area (window) selecting as well, I guess. Perfect!

I have noticed that the buttons in the middle section of a command palette (Edit, View, Select) are quite colourful while the others aren't. Is there any reason for this?

Petr

p.s. I'm in a good mood so I hope you excuse me that I "kick against the pricks"..... hehe..
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
329.18 In reply to 329.17 
> I start thinking about removing SelectAll, DeselectAll buttons completely! hmmm....
> These are very special-purpose buttons and none of other functions can be linked
> to them. Maybe they should be attached to the "click and pause menu" or to mouse
> gestures once mentioned.

Well, the select all can be pretty useful. The problem with the click+pause or mouse gesture is that is very hard for someone to discover it just by messing around with the software. So I would worry about hiding that one away.

I don't think I mentioned it before, but select all also currently pays attention to the implicit drill-in filter.

I mean if you have an object and you select an edge of it, then select all will select all edges of that object.

> The ResetAll button in the View tab is quite funny as well. It could be shifted to
> the middle of the screen where the viewport boundaries are crossed - in the
> shape of a small ball.

Hmmm.... Kind of a lump in the middle of the screen? I think I'd have a hard time making that look very nice. I had been thinking about making right-click on any viewport's reset button doing a reset all - I've got that set up now for the next beta.

> I have noticed that the buttons in the middle section of a command palette
> (Edit, View, Select) are quite colourful while the others aren't. Is there any
> reason for this?

Just a coincidence. The commands in the top and bottom sections happened to tend to be easier to represent with more geometric shapes and actual shaded 3d object examples. Those tend to be less colorful. Icons that have a more interpretive graphic stylized symbol are more colorful.

> p.s. I'm in a good mood so I hope you excuse me that I "kick against the pricks"..... hehe..

Certainly! Kick away! :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
329.19 In reply to 329.18 
>I don't think I mentioned it before, but select all also currently
>pays attention to the implicit drill-in filter.
>I mean if you have an object and you select an edge of it,
>then select all will select all edges of that object.

Not only all edges of that object, but also all other objects in the scene (ok?)

>I had been thinking about making right-click on any viewport's reset
>button doing a reset all - I've got that set up now for the next beta.

I will like it. (Although, this spot might be "abused" by you sometime.)

Petr

p.s.: I've inflicted a punishment on myself because of my impudence. I just have to translate the MoI's introductory documentation into my native language. So I say goodbye......
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
329.20 In reply to 329.19 
> Not only all edges of that object, but also all other objects in the scene (ok?)

Yes - this is also consistent with window selection. If you have edges turned on for one object, and you window select it but also include other objects in the window selection, those other objects will also get selected.

> (Although, this spot might be "abused" by you sometime.)

I was thinking that clicking and dragging there would eventually allow you to resize the proportions of the split views...

It's a little hard to think about putting something useful at that spot, since it will be gone when you switch from the split view into a single view...

> I just have to translate the MoI's introductory documentation into my native language.

Cool! It's always good when others benefit from your self-imposed punishment!! :) :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-16  17-20