Planar command

Next
Hi Michael!
I have got some problem with this geometry. I dont make planar surface from this curves, but these are totally equal level.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
3286.2 In reply to 3286.1 
Hi andras, actually your surface seems to be getting created ok, it is the display mesher that is having difficulty producing a nice looking display mesh in that area of extreme thinness where there is an "anti-tangent" between segments.

The export mesher is able to deal with it better, if you save to a polygon format, you should see that the polygons generated for that look as you want.

But that extreme thinness basically becomes the equivalent of an area of self-overlap in the trimming boundary which can lead to some confusion in various mechanisms. It becomes difficult to properly detect "inside" versus "outside" of such shapes in those areas.

So you may want to avoid that kind of exact anti-tangent, which you can do by selecting these 2 points and scaling them inwards slightly:

I've attached an updated file where I did that and now the display mesher will not be confused about that area anymore.

You may be able to just ignore the original problem (depending on what you plan to do with this model) since it will make an ok export mesh, but it is possible that some other mechanisms could get confused in a similar way.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All