Trouble in design 3d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next
Hi to all! I am new in 3d design and I try to learn MoI, but i cannot manage it very well. I want to make a 3d computer (screen, tower, keyboard and mouse). I don't know how to make it. It seems very difficult to me. How can i find a ready 3d same model to understand how it is designed? Could anyone give me a .3dm file with a 3d computer? Thanks a lot.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3278.2 In reply to 3278.1 
Hi aris, welcome to the world of 3d design!

Probably the best first step would be to view the video tutorials which are available here:
http://moi3d.com/1.0/docs/tutorials.htm

None of those are for specifically building a computer, but if you follow those tutorials they will teach you the basic elements of how you create 3D models in MoI. To build computer parts you will use the same techniques, just with different shaped curves and different shaped components booleaned together.

There are also some additional tutorial available here:
http://moi3d.com/wiki/Resources#Tutorials

Try several of those to get more familar with how MoI's tools work. The halogen lamp one is probably fairly close to something similar to a computer case.

If you get stuck on something and can't figure out how to make any progress, please post the 3DM model file of what you've got so far and try to explain what you are trying to do, and I will try to give you some suggestions.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3278.3 In reply to 3278.2 
Hi aris,

Welcome to the land of MoI.

If you are just starting in 3D then I would suggest doing some very simple models to start with. A computer is quite a complicated shape.

Regards
Tony

(aka HamSoles)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All