Loft and Sweep Shading Problem
 1-19  20-22

Previous
Next
A strait cylinder created in Modo seems to be pretty smooth beyond 12 sides, so it seems to be
the cones angle where the render has problems.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3255.21 In reply to 3255.20 
Maybe some combination of the cone's angle making some greater variation in shading, along with the cone's taper causing the polygons to have different widths at the bottom versus the top. That may have some kind of subtle effect on the stuff being interpolated across the polygon.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Once again I fear the render problems is due to the codebase within Lightwave.

Since Modo was lifted from Lightwave, it has inherited the same problems - incorrect support for supplied normal information.

As Michael proved using Cinema 4D, if the normals are handled correctly, the objects should look exactly the way they do in MoI.
(And that's the reason why I went broke purchasing C4D since it was the best at importing MoI objects...)

I plan on showing any artifacts and discussion threads like this in the CORE forums to try and make sure CORE will be as good as C4D in handling MoI imports.

I eventually want to let C4D and stick exclusively with LW but I can't if it's not going to provide similar results.

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-19  20-22