Unable to detect direct3d9 device?
 1-20  21-24

Previous
Next
322.21 In reply to 322.20 
Hi John, well when dxdiag.exe shows an error in its tests, it definitely means that something is messed up with DirectX.

Maybe it has crashed or something, try doing a shutdown and restart of windows and see if it works ok after that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
322.22 In reply to 322.19 
Michael,
This nVidia is a 350M from Dell. It says that it should support Direct3D, but the only features revolve around DirectDraw, DirectSound, DirectMusic and DirectPlay. All of the options for DirectX are greyed out. I've installed the latest drivers and gone through the troubleshooting tools. It says that everything is fine, but no luck with the DirectX options. I'll keep on trying and get back to you when all is right with the world.

Ricardo - keeping the faith
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
322.23 In reply to 322.22 
Hi Ricardo, sorry it's still not working for you. That card is definitely supposed to support Direct3D, in fact it should be a pretty good card to run it.

But failures in dxdiag.exe definitely mean something is messed up on your system...

Maybe it is possible that something is messed up in DirectX itself rather than in the video driver... If that is the case it is possible that installing the new version of DirectX will tune it up: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
322.24 In reply to 322.23 
Michael,
I've tried it all. I'll call Dell and see if there is some switch or hardware issue with the card that I have. Maybe we saved a whole 10 bucks on IT's budget with the configuration we have. I'll keep watching the boards to find the solution or post it when I have one.

Ricardo
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-24