scripts
All  1-5  6-7

Previous
Next
3203.6 In reply to 3203.5 
Hi eric,

I too am interested in scripting for MoI, but more for repetitive feature tasks, sort of writing macros to do a series commands in one go, for instance to make a hole now, we make a cylinder to the desired diameter and depth and then do a Boolean difference, where if I could write a script to bring up a command option that you fill in with the depth, diameter, flat bottom or drill point, hit the spot and your done.

I started looking into like yourself and like you, did some programming in the '80's then took the engineering path and got disconnected from it. I have this page bookmarked http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/javascript/introduction but didn't get past the first few pages as having a family and a full time job it's a bit of a juggle and at this age any free time I get I just want to relax and enjoy, at the moment I'm not in the mood for studying, maybe I'll get into one of these days.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
3203.7 In reply to 3203.6 
Hi Danny

Thanks for the Javascript reference. Like you, I read a little bit of it and now think I'll probably only go so far as learning how to use a script someone else has written for MoI and how to create a button or keyboard shortcut.

Staying reasonably upgraded in the architectural field is probably all the serious study I really can find time for and still have a life.

cheers and wishes for a great 2010.

eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6-7