Latest beta won't download

Next
Michael,
I tried to download the Dec. beta, but when I did it said that it downloaded the Oct. beta and that it has expired! I noticed that when it was downloading, it said it was downloading into the folder for the Oct. beta and asked if that was alright. I figured it knew what it was doing and said yes. If not, where should I tell it do download to? I've never run into anything like this before with any of the other beta downloads. Am I doing something wrong? Please help. I'm right in the middle of a project.

Mark
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3189.2 In reply to 3189.1 
Hi Mark, hmm that is odd that others have not seemed to run into that problem.

Maybe your web browser is caching an old version of the download page.

When you go to http://moi3d.com/beta.htm, do you see a page like this where it says Current version: Dec-19-2009:

If not then try pushing the "Reload" button in your web browser, and maybe try holding down the Ctrl key when pushing it, does that make any difference?

Also what web browser are you using?

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3189.3 In reply to 3189.2 
Be sure when you click the download button on that page, that you select "save" and save the installation file to your desktop first, then run it. Dont run it from the download page.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3189.4 In reply to 3189.3 
Apparently, the problem was caused by the downloader that I use, called free download manager, and the name it was giving the the module when it downloaded it. Once I got it out of the loop, then everything worked fine.
BTW, is the expiration date for the latest beta version Mar. 19, 2010?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3189.5 In reply to 3189.4 
Hi Mark, that's great that you have solved it. I guess maybe the download manager was itself caching the file name from the last download or something like that.

> BTW, is the expiration date for the latest
> beta version Mar. 19, 2010?

Yes, that's correct. I do hope to have it all finished up a ways before that but I wanted to have some overlap time between the release and the expiration of the last beta.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All