Any idea when V.2 will be released for purchase?
 1-20  21-24

Next
From some of the posts on the forum it sounds like MOI v.2 will be out soon. I want to buy this software since it is exactly what I have been looking for for a while. However, it just seems like when I buy software lately that a newer better version always comes out within weeks of my purchase. I really hate that since I have a limited budget for this type of thing. Any idea how soon?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.2 In reply to 3181.1 
Hi Drakon,

Looks like V2 will be a little bit more expensive (100$ ?), and the upgade price = V2 price - V1 price ... so you will pay the same whatever you wait the V2, or bying the V1 now, and upgrade in few days/weeks.

But Michael will probably confirm this.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.3 In reply to 3181.2 
As mentioned, waiting will not save you anything as far as cost.

However with your V1 serial number, you'll have access to the v2.0 Beta which is fantastic!

Now I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but after you buy V1 you'll still need to upgrade to v2 when it finally drops.

Now if Michael is accepting orders for v2 (at the higher cost) then you'll only pay once but I don't believe he's ready to do that just yet.

The Cost of v2 will be $100US more than the cost of v1.

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.4 In reply to 3181.1 
Hi Drakon, it's coming up pretty soon here but I still don't have an exact day that I could tell you yet.

I'm in the very end stages of finishing the software. Once that is done then I still have to update the documentation before the final release will be ready. It is hard to make an exact estimate of how long that will take but hopefully not too long!

For pricing the above is all correct - the base price of v2 is going up to $295 USD and there will be an upgrade discount available to v1 owners for $100.

So there would not be any penalty for purchasing MoI v1 now - the total price of v1 + v2 upgrade ($195 + $100) or waiting for a full regular v2 ($295) will be the same.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

In this case I think the term "beta" software should be used lightly, since the term is usually used to lower the users expectation of a robust product. MoI is the exception to the rule IMO since I have been using the "beta" v.2 software for all work, and it gets more packed with useful features (without losing stability) in each release.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.6 In reply to 3181.4 
Excellent. I won't wait any longer than I have to then.

I just hate paying for things twice. I upgraded to TurboCAD PRO Platinum 15 and a month later version 16 was out.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Any discount for preordering? Whee!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.8 In reply to 3181.7 
Hi Yenmonger,

> Any discount for preordering? Whee!

I don't actually have a system set up for pre-ordering.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hallo Drakon,

I think in PC you pay all, and here you pay the new.

Rudl
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.10 In reply to 3181.8 
I think MoI V2 will be release on Jan 21, 2010.
Lika as usual, Michael like "21" :).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.11 In reply to 3181.10 
Hi Guys....

Today is the second year of MoI3D V2 development.
Hopefully the V2 will be release soon :)

Thanks !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.12 In reply to 3181.11 
Hi Anis, yes hopefully soon!

Pretty much in some final stages of bug fixing at the moment.

It's unfortunately hard to exactly predict how much time these things will take to get it right.

I could go faster if you would prefer to have more bugs in the software instead of it being higher quality. Do you think it would be better to have it out faster but at less quality?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.13 In reply to 3181.12 
My 2 cents ....

Keep going for quality, Michael!

We users do get impatient, to be sure, but that is only because MoI works so well for us. If the software updates were full of bugs we we would not be so eager for updates.

cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Eric, :)

I agree with your opinion 100%.

Ralf
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.15 In reply to 3181.14 
Quality over speed every time.

Though don't understand what the hurry is. I'm using V2 now. What difference does it make when it is released? It won't be hugely different from the current beta. as has been said already, waiting for the V2 release doesn't cost any more either. Take your time Michael and do you what you feel you need to.

Anyway not too long after V2 release we'll all be using V3 (beta). After Michael has had a well deserved break that is :-)

Regards
Tony

(aka HamSoles)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Your post is exactly why I always thought that Michael shouldn't release the last 2-3 betas... He should keep 2-3 new features for surprise... Now we practically have nothing to wait for...
***Modeler Of Ideas***
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.17 In reply to 3181.16 
>> Your post is exactly why I always thought that Michael shouldn't release the last 2-3 betas
>> He should keep 2-3 new features for surprise... Now we practically have nothing to wait for...

Yes, it would give something to anticipate. But then the last features wouldn't have had the extensive testing that we have all put in to it :)

I like it this way. I know exactly what I am paying for, have thoroughly tested it on my system and have been able to have an influence on new features and how things work.

For my money, this hands down beats anticipating the 'cool' new features just to find that they don't work as I expect or even worse are broken on my system.

Cheers.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ash - I agree 100% with you on that. So much nicer getting to use the new features and working them into you workflow gradually as available rather than a bag of cool stuff that may or may not work for you. You get an extended preview so you can make an informed decision before parting with your upgrade money.

Not that a vendor would ever say that the next version was anything but the re-invention of sliced bread that completely turns the universe upside down with the addition of it's new flux capacitor widget...........:P) I think we've all heard that one before.....with the exception of maybe the pocket fisherman or the slap-chop....lol

I would not change a thing about your development progress Michael, keep up the great work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.19 In reply to 3181.17 
Agreed, I've always liked Michael's development style (I swear I used to think that McNeel was Michael's company! :-P )

Buy the current version, test and bang on the beta of the upcoming version, rinse and repeat...

To me the upgrade price is basically a club ticket to play with the next, upcoming version.

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3181.20 In reply to 3181.19 
>> To me the upgrade price is basically a club ticket to play with the next, upcoming version.

This is true. I didn't get this at first. For me beta versions had always been unstable and definitely not suitable for anything other than testing.

But when I read that people had been using the MoI V1 beta without crashes for months and months I jumped in with the V2. It was the cplane that did it for me. After that never looked back :-)

Absolutely marvelous experience in these days of; 'just get it out, we'll fix it later', 'got to hit that market window' and 'ticking the box' attitudes to product development.

Great stuff Michael!

Regards
Tony

(aka HamSoles)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All