All  1-10  11-15

Previous
Next
3157.11 In reply to 3157.10 
Hi Brian,

> Can my "just to the Right Side of Centre" (as my last
> image) be attained please?
> (As I have for V1)

If you put in what I showed above, it should then be set up the same as you have set up for v1 - the buttons will be stacked up starting from the right side rather than the left as is the default.

There isn't any easy one-line edit way to set it up to be only "partially" to the right, it will need to be one of left-aligned, center-aligned or right-aligned.

- Michael

EDITED: 9 Dec 2009 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3157.12 In reply to 3157.11 
Thanks Michael

My V1 has (had) that setup. (Lost with the v1.1 update!)
Was it something Burr did for me back then?

It really is ideal.

Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3157.13 In reply to 3157.12 
Hi Brian, as far as I can remember your v1 had a fully right-aligned bottom same as what this gives you.

Maybe it looked slightly different on your screen because you now have a new computer with a higher resolution monitor than before?

But actually, there is maybe one easy way to set up what you are talking about, put this in, instead of what I wrote above:

body { text-align:right; padding-right:200px; }

Notice there the 200px part? If you want to have more space to the right size increase the number part to something like 300 or 400, etc...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3157.14 In reply to 3157.13 
Thanks Michael, but even changing the pixel numbers all I get is the RH side Pilou version?

And I did have my version on the new computer untill I installed V1.1?
I am too old for all this run around. Sorry

Am I spoilt in that the likes of Photoshop/ViaCAD--through to Carrara, just allow me to simply drag these important functions to a location that suits me?

Brian
Image Attachments:
Size: 81.3 KB, Downloaded: 50 times, Dimensions: 640x812px
Size: 59.5 KB, Downloaded: 32 times, Dimensions: 355x684px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3157.15 In reply to 3157.14 
Hi Brian, in the future I do hope to make this more easily adjustable.

But it's going to be a while before that happens...

Maybe the center-aligned version would be closer to what you want than the right-aligned one.... that's up to you to decide.

I can certainly understand if you don't want to mess around with the current text-file based way you can modify things, but right now that will also mean that you would have to just use the regular default, I do not have a system set up for dragging toolbars around right now.

Early on in MoI's development cycle I had to make a choice whether to spend more time on making a toolbar editing system, or to invest more time into just making one standard UI that is as easy to use as I could, and my choice was to focus on getting one standard easy to use system in place first.

One thing to keep in mind is that unlike other software products that you are comparing with, I do not actually have a whole team of people to work on the UI for MoI, just me. Because my time is limited I often have to pick my battles carefully and have priorities set. Certainly the priorities that I picked will not always be the best for any one individual - it's just impossible to meet every single person's wishes all at once.

So if you prefer using ViaCAD instead of MoI for example because it allows you to move your toolbars to some spot, then I will certainly understand. But I think that you'll find pretty quickly that moving toolbars around is not at all really the thing that makes a program easy to use or not.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-15