Surface curve segment lines visible in C4D
 1-12  13-22

Previous
Next
3147.13 In reply to 3147.11 
Hi Leonard, I checked out your file, and yes it does just seem to be not illuminated well...

Note that the edge that you are talking about is angled downward somewhat like this:

So that means that a light shining from directly above it will not illuminate it, it is hidden from that light.

The main one that could possibly illuminate it would be this light over here:

That's light#4, but you seem to have disabled it so that it does not do anything in the renderer currently, note that "Visible in Renderer" for that light is set to Off:

You'll need to enable that light and possibly adjust the overall lighting some more to make that edge not be so dark.

As far as I can tell your model data is all perfect, you just need to shine some light on that area if you don't want it to be dark.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3147.14 In reply to 3147.11 
Hi Leonard, so for example enabling that light that is currently turned off and then reducing all of their intensities down will give you this rendered result:

But these lights are really powerful for some reason, maybe because they are quite nearby your object or something like that. So you can't just adjust the Intensity slider to reduce them enough, you've got to turn the light colors themselves down from white to a darker gray color. Here were the light properties I used for the above rendering, note the "Color" parameter adjustement:

If you don't darken them they will be blasting everything with too much light making every single spot white.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
These lounge is more designed by Charlotte Perriand than Le Corbusier ;)

She is on the photo!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3147.16 In reply to 3147.15 
She makes it's design very nice! :O
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
And very tricky!
That rolls on the base' support!
One of the best confortable thing!
Michael can make his Moi Demo from it without any problem :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
WOW! Michael, I did not mean for you to do all this on your Saturday. You certainly made vast improvements. Thanks and I appreciate your effort!

Yep, the lighting was just rough. Actually it was arranged for earlier C4D cushion attempts that had lots of geometry issues. About the turned off light, #4, it was off to demonstrate that the shadow area ended in a hard edge instead of a gradual transition to light despite lots of light and reflective surfaces. Scale is another factor. The C4D file I posted has the cushion about half the size it should be in that space with those lights.

Hi Pilou, you caught me short cutting, including omitting the "Le" from Le Corbusier. At least I did not refer to him as Corb or Corbu. ;-) This is what I have from my limited research: Le Corbusier (born Charles Edouard Jeanneret), opened a studio with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret in 1922. Charlotte Perriand joined the studio in 1927. The Chaise Longue, LC4, dates 1928 and is attributed to Le Corbusier, Perriand & Jeanneret. Source: Chapter 7, page 73, Master's Thesis "The Beauty of Fit: Proportion and Anthropometry in Chair Design" by Caroline Kelly, Georgia Institute of Technology, April 2005 and available here http://etd.gatech.edu/theses/available/etd-04182005-160711/unrestricted/kelly_caroline_l_200505_mast.pdf (Apologies for the sloppy attribution.)

That is a great picture, Pilou. I do not recall another picture with a person on the LC4.

Thanks again for the help. Have a great weekend.

Leonard
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3147.19 In reply to 3147.18 
Read her memories ;)

I don't believe that exist in English :(
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3147.20 In reply to 3147.19 
Pilou, is that your best shot? From a disgruntled employee? Just kidding. I am joking. ;)

There apparently is a 2003 edition available in English but it might be a reduced and diluted version of the original.

I did find this at the Foundation Le Corbusier:

"In 1925, at the time when he conceived the Pavillon de l'Esprit Nouveau, Le Corbusier turned to the problem of furniture as part of home equipment. He sketched several designs for furniture, and at the Salon d'Automne in 1929 presented, in collaboration with Pierre Jeanneret et Charlotte Perriand, several models, including an armchair with tip-up back, a big and small version of the grand confort armchair, a chaise longue, a table and standard storage units." Below this passage is a list of furniture with picture hot links and it includes the LC4. http://www.fondationlecorbusier.asso.fr/fondationlc_us.htm (English version)

Edit: Pilou, it would not surprise me that Perriand designed LC4. It is common (here) for partners to take credit for designs created in their firms by others. Much of the time they do not include the designer's name in the credits. Good firms include the names.

Again, the comment above was just joking.

Back to modeling. Michael, again, I really enjoy Moi3D!

Leonard

EDITED: 6 Dec 2009 by NYCL45

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3147.21 In reply to 3147.20 
No problem ;)
Last thing I just re read Memories of Charlotte Perriand ;)
P 32 "1928 Pierre Jeanneret and me,..., making armchairs and tubless Lounge...drawing 1/1 ...metal base of the lounge was found inside aviation's pieces catalog...at the evening Le Corbusier said "Stop your sterile joking"!!! p 33 :)
So it's appear that was Pierre J. and Chrlotte P. who make the lounge along days and Le Corbusier at evening validation of the work ;)
He has prefered the architecture than the furnitures (Charlotte & Pierre were there for that) ;)

EDITED: 6 Dec 2009 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3147.22 In reply to 3147.21 
Hats off to Charlotte & Pierre for the "sterile joking" and its product, LC4 - such a great piece! :)

"...metal base of the lounge was found inside aviation's pieces catalog..." You can see the aviation detailing in the screws attaching the legs to the cross tubes.

Thanks for posting.

Leonard
Image Attachments:
Size: 15.7 KB, Downloaded: 14 times, Dimensions: 230x230px
Size: 12 KB, Downloaded: 16 times, Dimensions: 230x230px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged