workplane
All  1-3  4-5

Previous
Next
3146.4 In reply to 3146.1 
Hi andras,

> is 3point defined workplane possible in the future?

Actually, that is possible right now in v2 with the View / CPlane command like Burr shows above (look in the View section in the Side pane).

The CPlane command has 2 steps to it, the first prompt is "Pick CPlane origin", where you pick the origin point of the cplane. If the origin point is snapped on to an object, it will try to align itself with that object, for example if snapped on to a surface it will align the initial z axis direction to be along the surface normal.

Then the second step in the CPlane command is the "Adjust axis orientation" prompt - this allows you to drag on an axis to orient them towards a specific point.

If during that stage you drag to place 2 different axis lines, then that will be the equivalent of a "3point" defined plane, since you will then have specified the 3 points - origin point + 2 axis points.

I do have some updates coming for the CPlane command in the next beta, which is described some in this previous post:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2599.26

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
3146.5 In reply to 3146.1 
Hi andras, also for this part:

> So I mean...like autocad that I can define workplane by
> 3point and the Orhoviews(right,top,front) dont change
> just the workplane.

By default in MoI the ortho views change, but you can adjust this by unchecking the option for it that shows up while running the CPlane command here:

If you uncheck "Orient ortho views", then when you finish the CPlane, the ortho views will only have their drawing grid shift in direction and their view directions will remain unchanged.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-5