Evaluating NURBS modeling software
All  1-8  9-15

Previous
Next
3144.9 In reply to 3144.1 
Knowing what kind of work you do would help to give you suggestions.

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3144.10 In reply to 3144.7 
Hi Michael. I wasn't making any direct comparison of either Rhino or MoI. My point was just to take plugins out of the equation and also to look at the real price (not the list price) of each software. Obviously each one has a plus and minus over the other in different ways. Like many people, I agree it's best to not choose and just buy both! But if someone must choose only one, they should be compared as apples to apples, without adding cinnamon and sugar... :)

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
INDEED Knowing what kind of work you do would help to give you suggestions.

But in general when you start using MoI you get the filling that, that is how Rhino should be...is all those little details that make MoI very attractive...MoI & Rhino are very similar products...and you could say Rhino is more advance BUT MoI is gonna get there in time, no doubt about that.

Also note both MoI & Rhino have similar limitations so my recommendation would be go for MoI & SpaceClaim Style or MoI & Inventor LT... (both for about $1200) Although Ill personally like to support SpaceClaim I choose Inventor and the main reasons are, a) DWG support is not working as advertised. b) they charge a ridiculous amount of money for the file format translators (inventor LT includes 3dm, Alias, DWG, Catia, ProE, UGS NX, SolidWorks, Sat, Parasolid, etc).

EDITED: 4 Dec 2009 by NEO

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

Agreed on listed pricing for the translators for SC. They were willing to budge on those in my case, I don't know if it was unique or not. It is a bit much to ask ~50% of core pricing for translators IMO, I would call and see what they can do, as I just told them what I was willing to pay them for the bundle. It doesn't hurt to ask.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3144.13 In reply to 3144.12 
OSTexo that's good news, could you elaborate pls. just to be clear, do you mean for the price of SC Style they are willing to include the translators (which ones, all of them ?)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

In my case I purchased Spaceclaim Engineer, DE packs 1 and 2, HyperShot HD (they were running a Hypershot special and it came out to around $100 with discount applied) and I negotiated to prepay for support in order to get a better deal on that. I doubt they would include the translators at zero cost, but they did discount them in my case with a contingency for buying quickly after I did all my evaluations. I am quite happy with the solution, and find that it fits in quite well with MoI. The model preparation and de-featuring tools alone are extremely helpful in my case when I am having trouble with something not resolving correctly in MoI (my mediocre skills in MoI are showing ), but I am unsure whether these tools make them into the Style edition.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3144.15 In reply to 3144.14 
I see, thanks for your prompt reply OSTexo...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-15