MOI Bug
All  1-5  6-8

Previous
Next
3129.6 In reply to 3129.5 
Updated driver (Nov 26) did not change a thing. It's vista64 ultimate world domination package...
All goes well till I try to select a point inside of a helix. I look at the helix from the top (10 revolutions and 10 inches high)
and try and draw a line from the center, or a line starting in that center and the moment I move the cursor into the center area of the helix all but freezes for minutes (I then stop it).
Scale of helix or operation per se does not really matter. I just go into the center and the further I get towards the center the less responsive things become. Vista pops up occasionally to tell me that MOI does not respond and if I would like to terminate it. I run a multi proc (I7) system... Not that we are having race conditions or so...
I'll keep an eye on it...
R
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3129.7 In reply to 3129.6 
Hi Rainer, I can kind of repeat it now with the additional information about using a 10 revolution helix.

It seems to freeze up while calculating object snaps, it looks like it is when calculating the projected intersection point with the axis lines.

But over here anyway it only freezes for about 5 seconds and then resumes normal operation, and this is on a 6 year old slow P4 system... I don't see the minutes long freeze over here. Maybe it has to do with the particular radius of your helix as well, can you please post a 3DM file with the actual helix you are using it so I can test with the exact same one?

One thing you can do to avoid it currently is to go to Options > Snaps > Object snap options, and uncheck "Use apparent intersections" . That should probably disable the particular calculation that is taking a long time.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3129.8 In reply to 3129.7 
Disabling that option did the trick. I'll post a file later.
Your observations match the experience here.
Rainer
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6-8