Bravo again

Next
Hi ..
I have been working all day on an old large model created in Rhino and decided to stay in Rhino rather than take a chance on losing my layers and material assignments.

But ... I had to do what I thought was a rather simple boolean subtraction. It failed a number of times even when I rebuilt the objects from scratch a couple of times.

So I saved the couple of objects that failed in a new file and opened them in MoI and performed the boolean difference.

Immediate success!

Bravo Michael.

thanks
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3094.2 In reply to 3094.1 
That's great Eric, I'm glad that MoI can help get your work done in situations like that.

One thing that may be good for that is to use Copy/Paste to move the objects back and forth.

Paste should be the equivalent of Import, and the pasted objects should get mapped back to the existing layers so it should not mess up your linetype assignments I don't think.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3094.3 In reply to 3094.2 
Well, I learned a little more today ...

If I set the linetype in Rhino by object and then copy and paste it into MoI and then copy and paste back to Rhino the linetype is gone ... reverting back to the default of continuous.

But if I make sure to give the object in Rhino the layer designated as dashed linetype then I can copy and paste it back and forth and keep the linetype properties.

Good stuff and thanks again, Michael.

Just takes a little practice and getting used to.

cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All