Hello!
All  1-2  3-10

Previous
Next
Hi Miguel ;)
Your car video rocks!
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3093.4 In reply to 3093.2 
Thanks for the welcome, Michael. I was never a fan of the complicated AutoCAD-way of using the keyboard (I used it regularly until around 2004 and it was a pain in the neck, at least for me), especially when it comes to coordinates, so the first examples you provided seem to be just the ticket; much more elegant.

This is the kind of things that I hope to, someday, be able to build with MoI. This is design by a friend of mine called Edward McIntosh. It's simply too curvy for SketchUp.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3093.5 In reply to 3093.4 
Hi Miguel, that's a cool design!

Some kinds of curvy designs that are more totally organic in nature and not easily defined by a set of profile or cross-section curves can actually be better to do in a Sub-d type modeling system (for example, Modo, Silo, Maya, XSI, etc...) rather than in NURBS actually.

The Sub-d workflow incorporates more of a sculpting like method of manipulating the 3D point cage, pushing and pulling mesh points around.

The NURBS workflow is more based off of a kind of "drawing" like approach where you draw profile curves and use them to construct surfaces.

The design you show there could possibly be best done with a kind of hybrid approach, with a sub-d tool used for the outer surface shell and MoI NURBS used for the stuff with articulated joints, protrusions and the more mechanical type aspects.

It's a good idea to start initially with some more simple projects to begin with to get accustomed to MoI's toolset.

One good initial overview is to watch the video tutorials here:
http://moi3d.com/1.0/docs/tutorials.htm

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Funny house! :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Wow very cool design.

Impressive work, original idea.
Cold
| Adobe Photoshop CS | Corel CorelDraw Grahics Suite X3 | Daz 3D Bryce 5.5, Carrara 6 Pro, Hexagon 2.5 | Maxon Cinema 4D R8.2 | Moi 3D |

Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3093.8 In reply to 3093.7 
Just want to make it clear again that these images were made by a friend, called Eduardo (or Edward, as his ID says).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3093.9 In reply to 3093.8 
I'm now trying the 30-day trial that has save functions so I can test communication with SketchUp. I'm guessing that .skp import/export is only available in the purchased version, as I can't find them in the trial.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3093.10 In reply to 3093.9 
Hi Miguel, .skp format export is only in the v2 beta, it is one of the new features that is coming for the 2.0 release.

The v2 beta is available for all v1 owners to use during the beta period.

There is no SKP import though, only export - SKP is a polygon based format and MoI works on NURBS surface data which is a lot different than polygon data.

MoI can create polygon data from NURBS surfaces by dicing the smooth surface patches up into small facets.

But it is not so easy to go the reverse way and take a bunch of diced up facets and try to reconstruct large smooth sheets from them.

So because of that MoI does not generally import any kind of polygon data, only export it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-10