Face extrusions

Next
Michael.
Wanted to see if there was a setting I may have inadvertently set that I cant find. I'm getting a few face normal extrusion anomolies on default stuff.

Draw a Solid Box. Extrude the front face goes reverse. It did this for cylider also.

It is not related to the face, but the plane. Extruding the top face goes in normal direction. Rotating top side of cude to the front direction, has the issue remain in the front.

Let me know if you need any more info. Also I'll test on a couple computers to be sure it's not just something particular to me.

(It's not consrtained to the front)

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3091.2 In reply to 3091.1 
Yes Burr, I can confirm this problem also, it only happens when extruding the surfaces of the cube facing the x,y,z negative direction trying to extrude in the same direction, the only way I could correct it was to select the set direction option in extrude.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3091.3 In reply to 3091.1 
Thanks for reporting this bug, Burr.

It looks like this bug got introduced into the last beta when I changed face extrusion in order to solve a different bug, the one that was reported here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2999.1

That was meant to make a set of individual faces that are all on the same plane extrude in a common direction rather than each one going on its individual normal. But one piece of the change is kicking in for this case you show here when it isn't supposed to so I will fix that up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3091.4 In reply to 3091.3 
Ok, good luck. And just to make myself feel good, I knew it was from that font thing :O

Thanks Danny for looking.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All