HMAS Yarra II
 1-14  15-34  35-40

Previous
Next
3059.35 In reply to 3059.34 
Thanks Colin & David :)

I will check out the calibration link when I get home. I really need to do this.

Jamie, I don't have photoshop (thinking about getting it) but I will try your suggestion in one of the many freebie paint packages I've got installed. I will let you know how it goes. Your fixed image looks much nicer!

The author of UVMP (Steve Cox) is, like Michael, a good bloke who values his customers and will help you out if you have issues with the software. As you said, it is nice and simple. About the only thing I would like to see added to it is the ability to import multiple obj's to be exported as one obj, something which he is considering adding. In order to maintain those all important vertex normals and merge my parts, I had to use Milkshape, which for $35 handles the vertex normals perfectly. It also has some useful tools. Unfortunately, it is also a very old 3D app and will only load a maximum of 65k polys. Still useful to have in the kit though.

---
Mark
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~mabrown/index.html

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3059.36 In reply to 3059.28 
Very nice work Mark.

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3059.37 In reply to 3059.35 
Hi Mark

You dont need photoshop almost any editing program has levels. Attached a couple of pics to show the adjustment. Just moving the right arrow to the left. Laptop screens can be hard to calibrate often blowing out the highlights and muddling up the dark areas because they cant show the shades of grey as they get towards black.

Can you not compile the .objs in simlab and combine them into one .obj?

regards

Jamie
Image Attachments:
Size: 189.5 KB, Downloaded: 39 times, Dimensions: 1107x611px
Size: 213.4 KB, Downloaded: 63 times, Dimensions: 1113x629px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3059.38 In reply to 3059.31 
Hi Mark:

Very instructive post.
I like your nice result!
Thank you for sharing you knowledge with us! ;-)

EDITED: 6 May 2010 by DAVID

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3059.39 In reply to 3059.38 
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks again for your kind responses :)

Colin, I downloaded that monitor calibration utility you linked to and applied it. Many thanks.

Jamie, I will be able to merge all of these parts in Simlab in the future. At the moment, Simlab doesn't use the object origins when importing and objects do not line up with each other. I have to manually drag them to where they need to be. The Simlab guys are pretty responsive though and will be adding an option to fix that in the next release.

David, you are very welcome and how is Aurora coming along? Have you found a way to get some on the water renders done?

These will be the last renders of Yarra for a while (until I can get it onto some "water"). These are straight out of Simlab with modded lighting to brighten things up a bit. Still not as good as Jamie's photoshopped version but I want to find a base render setting just for sending off snapshots.

Cheers All!

---
Mark
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~mabrown/index.html

Image Attachments:
Size: 131.5 KB, Downloaded: 38 times, Dimensions: 1366x768px
Size: 161.7 KB, Downloaded: 39 times, Dimensions: 1366x768px
Size: 146.8 KB, Downloaded: 46 times, Dimensions: 1366x768px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3059.40 In reply to 3059.39 
Hi Mark

Renders are looking great. Are you going to add water in Simlab? you should be able to use a normal or bumpmap to make waves. I think I have a bumpmap if you need one.

Regards

Jamie
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-14  15-34  35-40