Ends won't cap
All  1-5  6

Previous
3058.6 In reply to 3058.5 
Hi Mark, for the past several days I've been looking into this problem you had with just a rectangle and a tangent circle trimming each other, and I've got several fixes in this area for the next beta release.

To start with, there was a bug in Join introduced in v2 where it would not close off the very first and last segment in the loop in certain conditions (when other pieces joined at a tight tolerance and the first/last segment were at a looser tolerance level but still within the maximum join distance).

I think that was the main problem here, and that one is fixed up for the next beta.

I also added some other stuff in this area as well - lines, circles, and arcs will now be handled using a special analytic curve class which is able to handle intersections between lines and circles with a special case handler that has greater accuracy.

I also added a different special case handler to the Circle/Arc Tangent command for the case of putting in a tangent circle inside of a rectangle, to calculate that case directly (with higher accuracy) rather than going through the iterative solver mechanism.

So I think these things will help to avoid this problem you ran into here, at least as long as there aren't any new bugs introduced with them that is.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6