Printing

Next
I've been searching through the help files and app. notes and I haven't been able to find anything out about printing my drawings out. Does MoI have that capability?

Thanks,
Mark
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3020.2 In reply to 3020.1 
Hi Mark, no MoI does not currently have any direct printing capability in it.

That is something that I do want to add in the future but right now MoI is much more focused on producing 3D model output and not printed page output.

A couple of options:

If you want just a very basic printout of what is on the screen, you can do that by pushing the "PrintScreen" button on your keyboard which is a Windows function that takes a snapshot of the screen and places it as a bitmap into the clipboard. Then you can paste into an image editing program (Windows paintbrush will do if you don't have anything else) and print from there.

But a lot of times people who want to print CAD data want to put things like dimensions and annotations on the drawing. For that you'll need to import your data into another program that has those functions. ViaCAD (http://www.punchcad.com/products/viacad2d3d.htm) is an inexpensive program for doing this.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Can Rhino v4 read MoI v2 files? I could print them out that way but I seem to recall that there is an incompatability between the two.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3020.4 In reply to 3020.3 
Copy and paste works fine. :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3020.5 In reply to 3020.3 
Hi Mark, yes Rhino v4 can read MoI v1 and MoI v2 files fine.

Like Ralf mentions you can also just use Copy and Paste to move objects back and forth between MoI and Rhino, you don't even need to save any files if you don't want.

The incompatibility that was discussed a few days ago was about line type definitions in layers not surviving a "round trip" from Rhino v4 into MoI and then back into Rhino again. That did not apply to starting in MoI and then going into Rhino.

So yes if you have Rhino that is a great way to print out MoI files.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All