something not good
All  1-12  13-15

Previous
Next
3011.13 In reply to 3011.10 
Hi andras, also another problem that you will kind of run into is that trying to make a blend that covers a rather large distance and between shapes that have a tighter bend in them will tend to make bunching.

That's because blending tries to keep its surface to be perpendicular to the edges.

When something is forced to be perpendicular, and also travel a fair distance, and also go through a tight enough curve all at the same time, it tends to create a kind of "bunching" like this:

That will probably create some surface artifacts like weird little wiggles in your result when there is not quite enough space for the blend to easily fit.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3011.14 In reply to 3011.13 
yes I know this effect I have already met with this several times I keep in my mind.
The MERGE command finally worked well thank you. Just I dont understand is this an separate command? because firstly I tried between the Boolean Merge and finally with the Shortcut method... that was fine.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3011.15 In reply to 3011.14 
Hi andras,

> The MERGE command finally worked well thank you. Just I dont
> understand is this an separate command?

Well, even though it has a similar name it does a different kind of thing than the BooleanMerge command.

BooleanMerge will intersect surfaces with one another and extract all volumes that are produced.

The other Merge command is about merging 2 edges that touch one another into a single edge.

They do different things so they are different commands.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-12  13-15