Fixed color for curve creation ?

Next
Hi Michael,

In the same idea of having the 'fixed color' in the View>Edge color, do you think it would be possible to have the same option for normal curves creation ?
I know lot of users like to have colored curves, I personnaly have some visual trouble when dealing with bright style, because I don't see the curves really well when I
draw them over a bright surface.

In the other hand, the option tab is starting to be quite populated, so maybe just a .ini settings for that would be enough :)

Does it make sence ?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here's an example,

I'm drawing a rectangle over this surface, but I don't get an visual feedback because of the curve style color = solid color

EDITED: 3 Dec 2015 by PAQ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3010.3 In reply to 3010.1 
Hi PaQ, why not just use a style that shows up better for the curve rather than using a style that does not work well?

For example, set your current style to a style that has color=black instead, then draw whatever curves you need and they will be displayed as black.

But I'll take a look at adding in an option to moi.ini for a "CurveColorMode" similar to the ones for Surfaces and Edges.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3010.4 In reply to 3010.3 
>> Hi PaQ, why not just use a style that shows up better for the curve rather than using a style that does not work well?

I like to assign colors while modeling, it helps me a lot to visualise stuffs. So off course I could switch to the black style every time I add a curve, but it's an extra step I would like to avoid, if it's possible.

I do not like the default black style, because I'm using a custom lighting setup (you know, the subtil metalic one), and it burns the pure white surface a little bit, so my default style color is a light grey (220.220.220)

>> But I'll take a look at adding in an option to moi.ini for a "CurveColorMode" similar to the ones for Surfaces and Edges.

Thanks a million :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All