Jewelry Mesh

Next
Hi everyone. This program is very easy to use and looks promising. I have been using rhino for about 8 months now.
I designed a simple ring in just a few seconds and was wondering if there is a way to tighten up the stl mesh. I pushed the slider all the way to the right and it is still pretty loose and wouldnt be suitable for milling.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
Ken
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
301.2 In reply to 301.1 
Hi Ken, normally the slider all the way to the right should generate a quite dense mesh... If you can post the model (or e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com if you wish to keep it private), I will take a look at it to see what might not be working right.

One other way to increase the density is to expand the meshing options dialog, which will give you a setting for "Divide larger than:" - you can enter a value here that will cause quads that are longer than this distance to be subdivided.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
301.3 In reply to 301.2 
Thanks Michael.
Im attaching a file and screenshot. I'm probably being way too picky, but my mill will actually mill the mesh triangles if they are not super tight.
P.S. This is one awesome program! How much will the full version cost when it comes out?

Ken

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
301.4 In reply to 301.3 
Well, it's not malfunctioning - that is pretty dense with the slider all the way to the right.

But if you need denser than that, you can get it with the "Divide larger than" setting. After you enter a number in there, push the "Update mesh" button below it to see the result.

Here is what it looks like with a value of 0.1 for this case:

That may in fact be too dense, you can experiment with slightly larger values if you want like 0.15, 0.2, etc...

> P.S. This is one awesome program! How much will the full version cost when it comes out?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! The price is not completely finalized yet, but it is going to be pretty inexpensive compared to other CAD programs.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All