Rhino line types
 1-15  16-21

Previous
Next
3004.16 In reply to 3004.15 
Hi Colin ...

Thanks ...

I opened the file but it seems to contain only the default Rhino layers ... default and layers 1 through 5

???

eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3004.17 In reply to 3004.16 
Hi Eric,

Sorry, I was under the impression that's what you were after...a MoI template that had the Rhino Default Layers already setup.
Just thought this might save you some time.

regards Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3004.18 In reply to 3004.17 
Again, thanks Colin ...

What I needed and have set up is a template for my architectural drawing needs ... many layers from foundations to framing with lots of linetypes and differing colors.

So far it is working well as long as I remember not to 'save' my MoI created drawing ... but to export it instead. THen I can import it into my Rhino job template without losing all that custom stuff.

cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3004.19 In reply to 3004.18 
Hi Eric,
Maybe customize the MoI UI and remove the Save buttons :O
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
3004.20 In reply to 3004.18 
Hi Eric, a couple of notes -

If you Right-click on the Open button instead of left click it, that will do an "Open Template" rather than a regular open.

The difference is that "Open Template" does not set the current file name in MoI so it is not so easy to accidentally overwrite the file that you open.

There's also another option related to this which you can set in moi.ini (use Options / General / Edit .ini file button).

[FileDialog]
EnableReadOnlyCheckbox=n

If you switch that to =y, then for the regular Open there will be an "Open as read-only" checkbox at the bottom of it which you can check to turn on. When that option is checked on the file dialog, it will also prevent Save from automatically writing to the current file name and instead prompt you for a name like "Save As".

So either of those methods can help to prevent Save from overwriting the current file if you want to guard against that.

Also I think that Copy from MoI and Paste into Rhino should end up working as the equivalent of Export / Import, so that is possibly another way to move your objects back without disturbing the line types and also not overwriting any files.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
3004.21 In reply to 3004.20 
Thanks Michael ...

I'll try those.

It does seem that any MoI save of the drawing destroys all the linetype settings so it is not safe to do any interim saving of a drawings ... though if I export the whole thing all the layers I have used in MoI will come back into Rhino if I import the drawing into a preset template (in Rhino) then all the MoI work carries all the information.

I do hope that one or more of these suggestions smooths the process a little and I do look forward to the day when there is a facile turn around.

Except for dimensions and notes MoI is already a very good 2d drafting tool and all the work converts so easily into 3d when needed.

thanks again,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-15  16-21