Offset sweep
All  1-3  4-8

Previous
Next
2993.4 In reply to 2993.3 
OIC,
If you place your profile object inside the bounding area of the sweep path, it will change its behaviour. If you actually "attach" the profile to the sweep path, it will directly control the attachment of the profile to the sweep path.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2993.5 In reply to 2993.4 
Heres your file back for illustration

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2993.6 In reply to 2993.5 
But I also just re-read your last post and, this way is harder to "set" the distance value. Actually the offset the path command like Michael suggested has this function to set the value.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2993.7 In reply to 2993.3 
Hi Apophis,

> but, sorry if i say, the workflow could be better.

Certainly for this particular case, but it is just not very practical to make a "super tool" that has every other tool all combined into it because things just get too complex with a zillion options that way.

That's why you often have to use a combination of other tools to get what you want, that helps to keep the complexity of each of those tools to a more managable level.

> with the construct/offset command i can not play
> around with the values.

But actually you can - there is a "Through point" mode for offset where you can adjust the offset more freely by picking a point that it will go through rather than only specifying the exact distance.

If you want to get a more fully interact offset sweep thing going, you can use history to set that up.

Since you have a sphere you actually don't need to use offset if you don't want, you can just use Draw curve / Arc to draw in an arc path, set up a sweep on it and then use Transform/Scale to modify the arc and watch the sweep update, like this:

Just make sure not to make the sweep path get so big that the rectangle profile gets to be inside of its bounding box, because sweep will switch from "autoplace" mode into "sweep profiles from their current locations" mode when that happens.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
hello

thanx for your suggestions. i didn't know that i can bind the sweep result to the curve and modify with transform- /scale or /move.
nice workflow ;-)

every day new things

apophis
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-8