Expanding viewport
 1-20  21-24

Previous
Next
2989.21 In reply to 2989.20 
Hi Danny,

> Firstly, in NX we predominantly work in the 3D view all the time.

I guess that kind of leads me to wonder why it is set up with a special popup menu for switching to different views if they are not used very often?

Re: view manipulation - the one that seems pretty odd to me is the Middle+Right drag = Pan. That's holding down 2 buttons of the mouse at the same time?

That's so undiscoverable - it seems unlikely that anyone would ever figure that out without training.

I mean when I am messing around with a program to figure out how it works, I will try some various mouse buttons and keys but I never think to try holding down multiple simultaneous mouse buttons to see what that will do.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2989.22 In reply to 2989.21 
Hi Michael,

> I guess that kind of leads me to wonder why
> it is set up with a special popup menu for
> switching to different views if they are
> not used very often?

I might of indicated that the popup is for the views, in actual fact I've got mine set up for different shading views, wire, shaded with hidden lines....etc. they can be changed to what ever you want, I was just trying to convey the action to be used in MoI for the views.

> That's so undiscoverable - it seems unlikely
> that anyone would ever figure that out without training.

mmm....I can't remember how I knew that, maybe in the documentation which nobody reads :) also I think most 'high end' 3d CAD packages utilise these buttons in the same manner.

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
That's the first time I've ever heard of having to hold down the middle and right buttons for something!

I couldn't even do that on my wacom - the right click is set to the stylus button closest to the tip and the middle is set to the top button... :-P

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2989.24 In reply to 2989.17 
> I've been a little hesitant to rely on that action too much since
> it can be slightly odd to "hold still" when you are actually trying
> to do things quickly.

With TabletPC you can set "hold it down for a second" action as a synonym to right-click and it is very useful to me. Actually, this is also why I had asked and Michael added an alternate method to pop up cline menu - you can press and hold down on the marker for a moment or right-click the marker to pop up the construction line menu.

Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-24